Throughout the month of November, NHPCO shared posts intended to encourage everyone to learn more about the many benefits of hospice and palliative care fostering a deeper understanding of what it means to live despite facing a serious or life-limiting illness. We know many of you took part in this #HospiceMonth messaging and that you continue to spread awareness and understanding with your own creative content throughout the year. Your efforts make a difference and we thank you
I don’t know what Dame Cicely Saunders would have thought of Facebook, but for a woman who stopped at nothing to spread the philosophy of hospice and who found unprecedented means to open the first hospice, St. Christopher’s Hospice to the UK (celebrating its 50th anniversary this year), I can only imagine Cicely Saunders would be delighted to see the pictures and information that has been shared on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, just to name a few.
Social media has a reach in every city, state, and country in our world and we encourage you to keep the hashtags #Hospice, #PalliativeCare, #hpm in your posts. Here are a few tips that could also be of help when creating shareable content for hospice and palliative care throughout the year:
- Concentrate on Increasing Daily Posts and
- Ensuring that your posts and updates have a good chance to be seen by your target audience is an integral part of a content strategy.
- Share Content More Than Once
- Gain more traffic, reaching people in different time zones and sharing content with people who’ve followed you since your last post.
- Keep an eye on NHPCO’s Caringinfo.org and MomentsOfLife.org for resources added throughout the year.
- Create Google alerts for “hospice” and
- Share news stories about the community that would be of interest to your followers.