Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Message from Edo Banach

I’ve completed my first official week as President and CEO at NHPCO.  I am honored to lead the organization at this important time of change, and look forward to working together. 

Over the next several weeks and months, I will be learning more about your needs and the ways we can best serve you in the important work you do in your communities every single day.  I look forward to telling your stories to consumers, caregivers and policy-makers and expanding awareness of your dedication and skill. Together, we will build on the strong foundation of hospice and palliative care to grow innovative and compassionate care programs that will serve all in need. 

As I begin my tenure working with you and for you at NHPCO, National Hospice Foundation, and the Hospice Action Network, it seems fitting to reflect on the guiding values of this organization:
  • Service… engaging with you, our members and constituents, is at the heart of all that we do.
  • Respect and Collaboration… valuing the expertise, skills and contributions from the field and fostering partnerships and relationships with all our stakeholders is vital to future success.  
  • Excellence… exceeding the expectations of our members and embracing change and innovation will allow us to continually improve and grow in a manner that will allow us to embrace opportunities.  
  • Stewardship… managing resources with the highest ethical and fiscal standards will ensure accountability of your investment within NHPCO and foster integrity throughout our organization.
Please know that I take these values seriously and they will serve me and the entire team as we work together towards the bright future I see ahead of us all. A future that will not be without challenges, certainly, but I know that we can meet these challenges together as we strive to provide the highest quality care for those in need of our services and care.

I’ve been fortunate to meet a number of NHPCO members during my first week and I know this will continue.  I look forward to meeting you at our upcoming Management and Leadership Conference on May 1 – 3, 2017 at the Washington Hilton. If you have not already registered, I hope you’ll consider joining us. This will be a great opportunity to get to know each other better.

I look forward to our work together.

Edo Banach, JD
President and CEO

 

No comments: