Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11: A Message from Edo Banach

It is hard to believe that it has been 16 years since the tragedy of September 11, 2001. As some of you know, I grew up in New York City and many friends and family were impacted by the tragic events of that day. I’m sure that lots of us have similar stories and memories. Many years later, I have the most vivid memories of how we pulled together as a country after that day. 

I’m further reminded of that as I see how we are pulling together in Texas, Florida and across the nation to deal with natural disasters. It is interesting to see how people of all walks of life can come together during these moments and then retreat back when the imminent danger subsides and memory fades.  

I’m proud to be working with and on behalf of a community that does not retreat—dealing with crisis, often personal crisis, is a part of our collective jobs. I think we have lots to teach the rest of the nation and world about how to stick with it and to continue to help each other get through the rough times that are inevitably thrown our way.  

Thanks for what you do every day.  

Edo

No comments: