A new edition of the free e-journal published by NHPCO's Children's Project on Palliative/Hospice Services is available online. Children with Medical Complexities, Part One (Issue #36; August 2014) is a free e-journal published by NHPCO’s Children’s Project on Palliative/Hospice Services. This new edition is a collection of articles focused on caring for children with medical complexities. This is the first of two editions looking at this important topic.
Alison Kirkland, a mother who wrote the article “After the Unexpected Happens,” shares her personal insight: “Despite the heartache and stress, parenting a child with medical complexities can be one of the most joyful and rewarding experiences of your life.”
Additional articles in this issue include:
• Caring in Uncertainty: Children and Families with Genetic Conditions
• The Partnership between Palliative Medicine and Children with Medical Complexity
• Complex Care Coordination
• Pediatric Palliative Care and Pediatric Surgery: Common Issues
• Staff Bereavement in Palliative Pediatric Care
Visit the archive page of the ChiPPS e-journal/e-newsletter page on the NHPCO website for access to previous editions of this publication.